Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Trough Creek

The next trip for my Nature Photography class was Trough Creek, a three hour drive away from Pittsburgh.  It was snowing in the city and sure enough the park was lightly covered in a white blanket with snow falling pretty much the entire time we were there.  It was a beautiful and huge park and I was eager to explore.


 The reflections in the water were one thing that interested me while we were there, and I took a lot of pictures playing with the reflections.  One area had really clear water and really crisp reflections, and this spot made for the best photos.


Even though the constant snowfall was annoying me, I did like how it added to some of my pictures.  I tried not to photograph the traditional snowy-winter-forest scenes, and tried instead to capture other photographs in which the viewer could still tell that it was winter and snowing without being cliche.  

No comments:

Post a Comment