Monday, February 6, 2012

Raccoon Creek

Last Tuesday we went to the Frankfort Mineral Springs at Raccoon Creek State Park.  It was such a beautiful day to be able to escape the city, sunny and 55°, we could not have asked for better weather!
This trip I was focusing on two things: 1) How things were interacting with the water, and 2) Getting up close and personal with some of the nature (even my foot got up close and personal when I stepped through a pile of branches right into the creek, good thing I brought extra socks!!)


These first two pictures are examples of how I was paying attention to how things were interacting with the water, its coincidence that they are both leaves.  For the first photo I took about 20 of those until I got one that I was happy with.  There was a slight breeze allowing the leaves to blow and just barely graze the water.
In the second one I really like how not only did I capture the leaf in the water, but also the reflection of branches in the water as well.  


These are both photos that I used my telephoto lens for to zoom in on the details.  The first one is mushrooms (?) on a log.  There were bunches and bunches of these, and I took photos of several different varieties, and these were my favorite.  
The second one is moss (I took A LOT of moss pictures, it seemed to be the theme of the day).  This particular moss was on a roof of a small abandoned building along one of the trails.  I climbed on the not so stable or sturdy roof (didn't fall through, yay!) to get a good angle on this picture.  

And of course I had to take waterfall pictures!  This was my first attempt at using a slow shutter speed to photograph water, and I am not completely happy with how they turned out, but they aren't too bad!  I would have liked to get a different angle, but there were so many of us taking photographs of this waterfall at the same time, I did not want to get in the way of anyone else's photo.  
So I have this one, and I can't decide if I like it better in color or black and white. 

No comments:

Post a Comment